Adams County Regional Water


Online Pay-FAQ's
About Us/Territory Map
Current Rates and Fees
Board of Directors
Manager/ Assistant Manager
Business Office
Distribution Crew
Water Treatment Plant
Our Favorite Links
In Memory
Public Notices
Career Opportunities/ Job Applications
Current Boil Advisories
CCR-2017 Newsletter
CCR-2016 Newsletter
CCR-2015 Newsletter
CCR-2014 Newsletter
CCR-2013 Newsletter
CCR-2012 Newsletter
CCR-2011 Newsletter
CCR-2010 Newsletter
CCR-2009 Newsletter
CCR-2008 Newsletter
CCR-2007 Newsletter

Customer Policy

Here are our rules and regulations concerning easements. You will also find a downloadable form for your convenience.



Before any new construction can take place on private land, an easement must be granted by the landowner.  The District will not pay for any easement other than the dollar stated on the easement when extending to serve new customers.


No property owner who has refused to grant an easement for the location of water lines or meters on their property, thereby necessitating the construction of such lines in the public right-of-way adjacent to such property or force the line to be installed on the opposite side of the road, shall be granted a water tap or service to such property except on specific resolution of the Board of Trustees of Adams County Regional Water District.


In considering such application for water service the Board shall require a written request therefore including the applicants' explanation of his/her reasons for refusal to grant such easements.  The Board may require staff input on such application.


The Board, if such application for water is granted, may require:


       A. Granting of the easements as outlined by company staff as  

            necessary to service the property in question.


     B. Payment by the applicant of any amount to the District, in addition to normal tap fees, line cost, bores, and other construction cost as designated by the Board to insure adequate resources for relocation of the water line from public right of way if such relocation is required by governmental agencies, either state, county or township.


For purposes of this policy the relocation charge shall be at the cost of time and material at the given time for the frontage of the property in question, or the length of line needed to circumvent a property where the easement was refused.


This policy shall not apply to bona fide third party purchasers of property on which an easement was refused if such party did not personally participate in the refusal to grant the easement for construction of the water line, either at this location or prior location owned by the third party.           


This procedure shall also apply to the circumstances where a property owner requests Adams County Regional Water District to release an easement in order to dedicate such property to the public agency as additional right of way of adjacent roads.  Adams County Regional Water District shall not release such easements until the applicant has paid the relocation sums required.





Easement forms must be printed on 8.5" x 14" legal size paper.
They must also be dropped off at the office or mailed back as we cannot accept faxed copies.
The Ohio Recorders specify the spacing and layout before they will record the document.

click here to download easement form in .pdf

click here to download file easement form in MS Word

click here to download water user's agreement




Adams County Regional Water * 9203 SR 136 * West Union, Ohio 45693 *


"This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer."

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at filing cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at"